Analytics

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Obama Wins!


(originally posted November 5, 208)

I am a tough cookie but when Barack Obama was announced the winner of the 2008 Presidential Election: I cried! I thought about all that it has taken for us to get here. The lives lost and those who died before they could live to see the day. I called my 89 year old Grandmother and we talked about Obama's win. She had been on pins and needles all day. At 4:30, my aunt Rosie called me and told me to call Big Mama because she was upset while watching the early returns. "Baby, he ain't winning," she said. I had to let her know that the polls were not even closed in Mississippi, let alone out West. I am so happy that she lived to see the day to vote for and elect the 44th President of the United States of America, an African American named Barack Obama.

John McCain offered a well-rehearsed but good concession speech.

Congratulations President-Elect!

No comments:

Nappylicious T-shirt

The Oprah Effect