Analytics

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Oh Happy Day!

This week,creativity has been minimal to say the least. With Barack Obama winning the Presidential Election, all eyes have been on the political activity.

I was super excited this morning as I went to work. Not only because Obama won the election but as I passed the new shopping center under construction, I took a quick glance to check on the progress. And lo and behold, my eyes fell on the most beautiful site The Creative Lady could see: a JoAnn's! I don't think it is open yet but it's only a matter of time. I cried when the Hancock Fabrics closed in the area. But this will make up for that. I have never been inside a JoAnn's, only saw them online. I'd better warn my husband to work longer hours!

I stopped at a gas station this morning to get newspaper for my personal archives and they were sold out! Man, I could not believe the Commercial Appeal did not print more papers. I just saw on the news that an extra 40,000 papers were printed. Apparently they did not make it to the newsstands! You have to go down to the headquarters and stand in line! Ha! I also read there will be "commemorative" edition put out that will be suitable for framing for the low low price of $30! I could not believe it.

Well, I take back what I said earlier about creativity being minimal. I've been helping students with their exhibition projects. This week alone I've shown students how to use video editing programs to give their presentations some umph. I'll probably post it on my YouTube in the next few days.

The lack of sleep is beginning to come down on me. All this blogging tutelage and election return watching had me missing some sleep. Bee pollen granules have been my saving grace. I used to drink Red Bull but I did not want to drink too many of them. Some don't, but I like the taste of Red Bull.

No comments:

Nappylicious T-shirt

The Oprah Effect