Analytics

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Amy Winehouse | How Her Death Impacted My Life


Amy Winehouse's death and the impact on my life.

Just like the rest of the world, I woke up this Saturday morning to find out that Amy Winehouse was found dead in her London home. Of course, I did not know her personally but I did enjoy her music. Because I love buying hair products and frequently get called a Product Junkie I really loved the song "Rehab".

People are speculating about the cause of death. When anyone dies, that is always the first thing people ask. I don't know if it's out of sheer nosiness or habit. To me, the cause of death is never as important as the FINALITY of DEATH.

Even at 27 and dead today, Amy Winehouse lived her life. Like it or not, Amy Winehouse lived her life the way she wanted.
She obtained what many people desire:
a career doing what she loved. Amy Winehouse was a celebrity musician with money.

While the media circus is all abuzz about The Death of Amy Winehouse,
what if it were you? Yes You! There would probably
not be a media frenzy unless you died doing something crazy like going on a killing spree and went running from the police in a high speed chase and ending up on the national news. But really, if you died today, what would happen? Your family and friends would start making the arrangements to bury you. You might get a blurb in the local newspaper's obituary section. A celebrity's death, including Amy Winehouse's, makes global news.
But for the everyday average Joe & Josephine, there is not much fanfare.
That does NOT diminish the value of their lives. I've been to many funerals of people who had lived their lives with such service and accomplishment that I left feeling inspired rather than sad.

This brings me to something that I always think about when DEATH occurs:

Are you living the life YOU want to live? Are you doing the things you intended to do? If not, what are you waiting for?

No comments:

Nappylicious T-shirt

The Oprah Effect