Analytics

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Happy New Year!

Let me start off by wishing everyone a Happy New Year. A lot has happened in the last few weeks.

I went on medical leave just before Thanksgiving to have surgery. Not the way I had intended to spend the holiday season but sometimes, you have no option.

Shortly after my surgery, I was received an invitation from YouTube to earn revenue from a video that I posted about using Vaseline on my natural hair. I completed that process and began earning money from that video. Can't quit the day job but the possibilities were encouraging.



I entered a giveaway being hosted by Doteasy and found out on Christmas Day that I had won an iPad! I was totally excited. Of all the prizes, it was probably the one I wanted the most. Of course there was a MacBook Air up for grabs but truthfully, I had just purchased a MacBook Pro a few weeks earlier so winning one would have been gluttonous. But I probably would have given it to my husband so that he could use it for GarageBand.

On the Lunar Eclipse of 2010, December 21, I decided to go ahead and apply for full YouTube partnership. I had just over 1000 subscribers and over 100,000 video views. I was going to wait until I had over 1500 subscribers but something told me to go for it. To my surprise, I found out on December 30, 2010 that I had been accepted as a YouTube Partner!


I have been working to update my personal website so that perhaps I can have to update in one place versus several blogs,a website AND YouTube.

May you all have a prosperous 2011!

No comments:

Nappylicious T-shirt

The Oprah Effect