Analytics

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

BET Awards Show 2009


I may be one of the few people who actually enjoyed the BET Awards show. I have to be honest: Had it not been for MJ's passing, watching would have not been a priority. I didn't know who Keri Hilson was and Soulja Boy music is much too young for my taste. I love lyrics and "sanging"! Like the Mighty O'Jays! Yeah! I got the chance to see them and some of my favorite artists from then and now! Although Marlon Wayans let it slip on the Red Carpet, I still enjoyed seeing New Edition as the opening act. And my man Jamie Foxx did a hell of a good job. And no, he does not owe anyone an apology for saying that MJ was a Black man that we loaned to the world. My highlights were Guy, Keith Sweat, Tevin Campbell Janet Jackson & Maxwell. And that tribute Tyrese, Johnnie Gill and Trey Songz did for the O'Jays made me very happy that I had tuned in. I thought I had gone to join MJ! I loved it! Can you believe that my cousin Anthony called in the middle of Beyoncé's rendition of Ave Maria?! That joker had better be glad that I have DVR or he would have been sh!t outta luck! Do you know what he wanted? He needed to know how to copy and paste! How to freakin' copy and paste!?? Ugggh! I managed to help him without using all the choice words in my vocabulary. I did let him know that the customer service hours were closing for the night and not to call back!

Anyhoo, I absolutely loved seeing Miss Jackson! That is strength! I instantly prayed for strength and unity for their family. I want the media to back off and let them deal with the difficult tasks ahead of them.

The BET Awards 2009 spoke volumes about the love people have for Michael Jackson when soooo many celebrities came out of the woodworks to participate in the BET Awards Show in a matter of days. I am certain the format changed because of it and they were better for it. Perhaps the unhappy viewers were the younger generation who wanted to see a bunch of entourages on the stage all night and a bunch of thug love in action. For me, not so much!

No comments:

Nappylicious T-shirt

The Oprah Effect