Analytics

Monday, December 22, 2008

Too Hot To Handle


Hmmm . . .maybe someone can help me. I love a Starbucks' Caramel Macchiato every now and then but prior to that, I was not a coffee drinker. Sure, my grandparents would wake up at 5:30 and drink their morning coffee on the porch. They would sit and talk, he in a straight chair and she in her rocker. The two would sit for at least an hour talking and taking coffee refills. I wondered what was so magical about coffee. I tried coffee back then and just did not get it: it was too hot! I would always burn my tongue and cold coffee was not so good. What is the point?
I've been told that coffee gives a jolt for the morning. People meet for "A Cup of Joe". Perhaps it's not really about the coffee as much as the conversation while drinking the coffee. My grandparents must have been on to something.
My occasional Caramel Macchiato I love because it is sweet and creamy and has a good flavor at a less than piping hot factor. Perhaps for me, coffee is just too hot to handle. I'll stick to my Bee Pollen granules for an energy pickup.

No comments:

Nappylicious T-shirt

The Oprah Effect