Analytics

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Black Friday | Cyber Monday

If you know me from around the web, you will know I love to shop online. I thought that I would never get into online shopping. I like instant gratification. But as I learned to be patient, I gave it a try. After a few times, I grew to love it. There were no lines, I did not waste time and precious gas running about town looking for stuff. I just browsed, read a few reviews, placed my order and waited for the delivery man to drop it off!

How did I first find my way to online shopping? It was during one particularly busy holiday season in 2002. My aunt had died in May and those first holidays without her were miserable. My family decided to keep the tradition of pulling names on Thanksgiving for Christmas in tact. With my person's name in pocket, I hit the streets on Black Friday to get some bargains. Child, there were people everywhere. The streets and malls were crowded with people looking for a bargain. Traffic snarled, people were rude and would not let you merge, I got the heebie jeebies. My aunt Libbey and her husband went to Wal-Mart for a computer for their daughters and were nearly crushed to death! I said no more, never again. I turned my buggy around the first chance I got, went home to the warmth of my house, and logged on! I've been logged on ever since. I'm glad that lesson was learned because I am not a morning person anyway!

No comments:

Nappylicious T-shirt

The Oprah Effect