Analytics

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Tomorrow is Mother's Day

Tomorrow is Mother's Day. I know that you are thinking that ~tcl has lost her freaking mind. Mother's Day is in May. But the first day of school for students is always Mother's Day (and Father's Day) for many parents. Those little beings who lived in your house, ate your food, ran up your electric bill and claimed to be bored all summer are going back to school. Bored even though you made sure they had every telephone device, video game and cable station known to man available to them. Now, they will belong to someone else for at least 8 hours. A friend even told me that when her preacher announced that tomorrow would be the first day of school, you wouldn't believe the number of hallelujahs and amens that roared through the crowd. These are their babies. How do they think we feel as educators? At least they can discipline them. I digress.

I am putting my glass on the counter because I know that when I get home, I am going to need a drink!

Cheers!
~tcl

No comments:

Nappylicious T-shirt

The Oprah Effect