Analytics

Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Car Smell

After exactly one week, I finally bought the Nitro. I was not going to buy it. But my husband was insistent that I get a reliable car. The car dealer had called but I ignored their calls until January 2. I was determined to enjoy my vacation and I did.


I am now the proud owner of a Dodge Nitro. It is Inferno Red but everything else is perfect. I did my research and this was the most car for the money. Other models were lacking features like the must have sunroof, remote start and hands free phone.


My advice on buying a new car:




1. Have Pre-Approved Loan in hand.

2. Do not take delivery at night. Take your car home and clean it out there. I think I left my iPod in my Charger but no one has seen it. I hope it's lost in the house someplace but I cannot remember. Oh well . . . can't do nothing about that now.

3. Keep a flatten box in your vehicle in case you do take delivery on the spot. You don't want a junky new car!

4. Negotiate the cost of the car before you mention a trade in.

5. Do not trade your car if you owe money. The dealer usually just adds the "upside down" amount into your new loan, resulting in a big new sticker shock.

6. Don't let them pressure you into a sale.

7. Don't believe that the car salesman is only making $100 on the deal.

8. Don't be afraid to walk away and keep shopping.


No comments:

Nappylicious T-shirt

The Oprah Effect